Location: Guelph, Ontario
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: April, 2018
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Using innovative vertical farming technology, GoodLeaf produces ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment.
Ethically growing simple produce that inspires healthy lifestyles.
Sustainably growing environmentally conscious agricultural practices.
Innovatively growing food security one community at a time.
GoodLeaf is currently seeking an Account Manager to join the team at our new one-of-a-kind indoor vertical farming facility in Guelph, Ontario. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to establish and manage the relationships between GoodLeaf and its retail partners, ensuring sales and service targets are met, while operating in a customer focused and professional manner.
- Lead point of contact for all matters specific to their designated customer accounts
- Manage accounts, including contract negotiation and agreements to maximize profits
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships, taking on a trusted advisor role
- Manage customer requests, addressing complaints or concerns in a timely manner
- Preparation of sales reports, forecasting, and tracking of key account metrics and status
- Communicate monthly/ quarterly sales initiatives to stakeholders
- Identify new business opportunities among existing customers
- Actively seek new sales opportunities
- Assist with promotional campaigns and merchandising
- Move product to ensure weekly product allotment is fully sold
- Identify customer needs and promote appropriate products
- Create business development strategy alongside CEO
- Conduct research within industry to identify new market opportunities and make recommendations
- Work cross functionally to solve challenges and improve the customer experience
- Occasional travel required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a food sales/ account management role
- Degree or diploma in business administration or marketing
- Previous experience in the food processing/ manufacturing or food service industry
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Experience working with a sales/ ERP/ CRM software
We pride ourselves in having a great team, who understands the importance of locally produced food and growing a great product.
Want to join us? Candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by February 23, 2018.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.