Location: Bible Hill, Nova Scotia
Start Date: November, 2017
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Founded in 2015 in Nova Scotia, GoodLeaf Farms, a subsidiary of TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd., uses innovative vertical farming technology to produce ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment. Our mission is to grow delicious leafy greens, hand-pack them at their peak freshness, and get them on our customers’ plates within hours of harvesting. By producing our greens inside, we eliminate the need for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
GoodLeaf is currently seeking Vertical Farming Technicians to work in our facility in Truro, Nova Scotia.
The key areas of responsibility include:
· General farming responsibilities including, but not limited to seeding, harvesting, packaging, labeling, packing, waste management, and receiving
· Installing growing equipment (i.e. lighting systems, positioning) and maintenance of equipment
· Collecting basic data on crops and farm systems to be reported to Horticulture team
· Following practices that enable GoodLeaf Farms to achieve production goals
· Cleaning and overall organization of farm operations
· Troubleshooting the vertical hydroponic growing system and general labor
· Following GoodLeaf Farms Employee Practices and Food Safety Policy
· Other assigned duties as required
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in agriculture, food processing, or manufacturing. Preferred skills include organization, time management, teamwork and strong work ethic.
For more information, please visit our website at www.goodleaffarms.com.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.