Location: Guelph, Ontario
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: April, 2018
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Using innovative vertical farming technology, GoodLeaf produces ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment.
Ethically growing simple produce that inspires healthy lifestyles.
Sustainably growing environmentally conscious agricultural practices.
Innovatively growing food security one community at a time.
FARM SUPPORT MANAGER
GoodLeaf is currently seeking a Farm Support Manager to join the team at our new one-of-a-kind indoor vertical farming facility in Guelph, Ontario. Reporting to the Farm Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the front-end operations of the facility and providing high-level support to the Farm Manager, Master Grower, and CEO. In addition to general support duties, they also manage inventory and procurement activities, and assist with material resource planning.
- General front-end support (i.e. greeting clients, handling and directing incoming calls, correspondence, etc.)
- Receive, document and execute customer orders
- Assisting with sales
- Providing administrative support to management and other senior staff as needed
- Resource planning (i.e. materials, supplies, etc.) and managing farm inputs, through consultation with Farm Manager and Master Grower
- Inventory management, monitoring and control
- General accounting assistance, such as processing accounts payables/ receivables, and inputting farm worker hours into payroll system
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree or Diploma in agriculture related sciences
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/ food processing industry an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team environment
- Attentional to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software an asset
We pride ourselves in having a great team, who understands the importance of locally produced food and growing a great product.
Want to join us? Candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2018.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.