GoodLeaf Farms uses TruLeaf Smart Plant Systems® to efficiently produce leafy greens year-round. The systems use hydroponics for nutrient and water delivery, and LEDs in place of sunlight. This enables us to carefully control the environment our plants grow in and deliver exactly what it is they need.
GoodLeaf Farms has a well-established farm based in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia. This position will be based out of this location and will provide an exciting opportunity for someone that is ambitious, hard working and eager to join a growing organization. GoodLeaf Farms wants to set the highest possible standards for all current and future hires by providing company pride and sense of ownership to every role in the organization.
Ethically growing simple produce that inspires healthy lifestyles.
Sustainably growing environmentally conscious agricultural practices.
Innovatively growing food security one community at a time.
The position works in a laboratory environment where pathogens are potentially grown with frequent trips to the farm harvesting, packaging and shipping/receiving areas. The position works an 8-hour day from Wednesday to Saturday. Occasional overtime is possible. Increased job-related stress can occur during audits and project deadlines.
This role may not be only limited to QC and the individual may have rotating duties between other departments depending on operational needs. Hours for this position range from 30-40 hours a week depending on operational needs. The anticipated start date for this position is September 2018.
Reporting directly to the QA Manager, the QC Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the lab start up;
- Gather samples in an aseptic manner;
- Complete microbiological analyses as per QC and Health & Safety protocols;
- Handle and dispose of samples and test materials safely and aseptically;
- Calibrate all lab equipment as required;
- Hold and release product as directed;
- Test samples and record and communicate results to necessary personnel;
- Enter all results in electronic formats and generate reports;
- A variety of quality assurance tasks as required by the QA Manager and operational needs;
- Adhere, safeguard and comply with the Standard Sanitization Operating Procedures, Standard Operation Procedures, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Good Manufacturing Practice at all times without exception;
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations at all times without exception
- As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Graduation with a minimum 2 years Community College Certificate or the equivalent training in Food Production from other institutions.
- A background in Microbiology and the proper and safe handling of pathogens is required.
- Experience in operating MDS systems and HACCP/Food Safety training is an asset for this position.
- Experience in food manufacturing is required as well as a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail- The position requires the ability to execute lab procedures with precision and accurately record and report results in a safe and timely fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communications are required.
- Additional attributes include a strong work ethic, punctuality, a positive attitude as well as being a confident self-starter with a desire to learn and improve performance.
- Ability to identify and resolve errors efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to Build and maintain strong relations with suppliers, outside labs and company employees;
- Working knowledge of various Analytical Instruments necessary
- Safety consciousness, organization, time management, written and oral communication are critical skills for that role
We pride ourselves in having a great team, who understands the importance of locally produced food and growing a great product.
Want to join us? Candidates are asked to submit their resumes via email to email@example.com
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.