GoodLeaf is currently seeking a Production Lead Hand to work in our facility in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.
GoodLeaf Farms uses TruLeaf Smart Plant Systems® to efficiently produce leafy greens year-round. The systems use hydroponics for nutrient and water delivery, and LEDs in place of sunlight. This enables us to carefully control the environment our plants grow in and deliver exactly what it is they need.
GoodLeaf Farms has a well-established farm based in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia. This position will be based out of this location and will provide an exciting opportunity for someone that is ambitious, hard working and eager to join a growing organization. GoodLeaf Farms wants to set the highest possible standards for all current and future hires by providing company pride and sense of ownership to every role in the organization.
Ethically growing simple produce that inspires healthy lifestyles.
Sustainably growing environmentally conscious agricultural practices.
Innovatively growing food security one community at a time.
- Lead the day to day operations of the Truro farm;
- Lead the full production cycle and achieve production and operational goals;
- Ensure efficient operational scheduling that meet customer requests;
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements to enhance efficiency, food safety and
- Lead continuous improvement programs to improve operating efficiencies, increase learning
- and develop new skills
- Lead a group of production workers, motivate them and engage them in the operational growth and development of the Farm;
- Mentor personnel and ensure cohesiveness;
- Provide regular farm updates to the GoodLeaf CEO, and the TruLeaf team;
Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure staff are continually adhering, safeguarding and complying with the Standard Sanitization Operating Procedures, Standard Operation Procedures, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Good Manufacturing Practice at all times without exception;
- Cultivate a culture built on employee pride in products produced and built on providing the highest standards of excellence on quality;
- Ensure the health and wellness of production workers by being proactive and building a safe work culture with a strong management commitment to human and food safety;
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication and time management skills;
- Business acumen attained from the completion of a business focused program or experience in a
- similar role;
- A natural leader that is able to relate, motivate and engage staff;
- Strong computer skills with a basic understanding of computers: excel and word;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be hands on and perform physical work;
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Accountable and dependable;
- Possesses a strong sense of ethics and integrity
- We pride ourselves in having a great team, who understands the importance of locally produced food and growing a great product.
Want to join us? Candidates are asked to submit their resumes via email to email@example.com
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.