Location: Bible Hill, Nova Scotia
Start Date: November, 2017
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Founded in 2015 in Nova Scotia, GoodLeaf Farms, a subsidiary of TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd., uses innovative vertical farming technology to produce ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment. Our mission is to grow delicious leafy greens, hand-pack them at their peak freshness, and get them on our customers’ plates within hours of harvesting. By producing our greens inside, we eliminate the need for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
GoodLeaf is currently seeking a Sanitation Technician to join the Quality Assurance team at our facility in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
The key areas of responsibility include:
· Be the champion of, and promote, the facility’s sanitation and food safety program.
· Clean equipment and facility as outlined in standard operating procedures and standard sanitation operating procedures.
· Follow GoodLeaf Farms Employee Practices and Food Safety Policy.
· Report non-conformities to Quality Assurance Technician.
· Provide front line support to the Quality Assurance Technician and operations team.
· From a sanitation perspective, assist with the farms HACCP and CanadaGAP programs.
· Follow and promote all quality and regulatory compliance standards.
· Perform routine tasks to ensure proper sanitation and associated documentation is completed for all quality programs.
· Work closely with other departments within the business to provide support and guidance on sanitation issues.
· Other assigned duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a background in sanitation and food processing/ manufacturing. Previous experience within a highly sanitary environment is considered an asset. Preferred skills include organization, time management, communication and strong attention to detail.
To express interest in this opportunity, all candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by October 11th, 2017.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.